Friday, February 29, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

Today was my last day at the company I've worked at for 2.5 years. When I left my previous job, I was in tears. Mostly because I would miss the wonderful people I had befriended over my 7.5 years working there. When I left this job, I was doing a happy dance. The environment with my high schoolish co-workers just didn't suit me. In fact, I was ready to run far, far away after the first month at this job. I didn't only because I was willing to give it a chance. I gave it one too many chances! BUT, it's over now, and will reside forever as a part of my past.

My next job is as a consultant with a consulting agency that hires only documentation and training experts. I'm being hired on as an instructional designer so my career path will shift slightly back to my first career and first love...teaching. I taught for 5 years in a Montessori school and enjoyed my stint there. Too bad teachers don't command the type of salaries they should. :(

I came home today and my husband and I toasted to a new beginning...let's hope it's the start of something beautiful!!

1 comment:

wishy the writer said...

GOOD LUCK! That makes so much sense to me that you were a Montessori teacher first! You are a great teacher, I'm sure. Our Silly Goose has been in the same Montessori school since she was 3 and she's almost 8 now. It's great. I teach at the community college level and have taught Bachelor's level students, too, and I love teaching. It's rewarding somehow to inspire that spark of learning in another (though not financially rewarding). Maybe that's why I enjoy training dogs so much. It's teaching, after all.

GOOD LUCK!