That's my typical response when anyone asks me how I'm doing when I'm at work...oh yeah...paradise. I am so ready to leave my current company. Back in September, I was "given" an end date of March 4 (my current job is being eliminated). When I found out about this end date, I was actually thrilled beyond belief!! This meant that I had 6 months to secure employment, PLUS they are giving me a bonus AND severance pay!! How sweet is that?
I have already secured employment for after March 4, so I am now anxiously awaiting the day when I can say GOODBYE to this place. When I started here in Aug. of '05 I thought it wasn't too bad...but then it started to get bad. One co-worker started scrutinzing my every move to the point of bullying. One day she finally made a very inappropriate and rude comment to me (in front of another co-worker) and I went to my boss. It got resolved, but of course my comfort level here went down.
Then, a few months ago another co-worker accused ME of harrassment and creating a "hostile work environment" for her. Why you may ask?? Because I tried to joke with her...you know...to make light of things by making some fun, lighthearted comments (in this case about alcohol consumption...this co-worker is known as the Happy Hour Queen). Apparently she didn't take them as such. Course when another co-worker known for his jokes and humor makes the same jokes with her, she doesn't call him out. Whatever.
All in all, I am seriously unhappy here and have been for a long time. The only happiness I got was from working with the development team in the UK, but they are also being kicked out at the end of March.
It's amazing...this is the first place I've worked in which I've had any issues with co-workers. I've been working since I was 16 and am now forty-somethingish! :) I had the BEST working environment at my last place of employment and still keep in contact with those people. They were all great to work with and we all had mutual respect for each other. At this place I feel as if I have stepped back in time to my freshman year in high school. No fun.
So, I'm going to start focusing on class tonight...that is IF we have class tonight. We got a ton of rain yesterday so I'm hoping the practice field isn't saturated. Jam and I have a show this weekend and we need to work on our weave pole entries. She's been missing the first pole lately so I plan to drill her every day until the show. I couldn't yesterday since the yard was way too squishy!
No comments:
Post a Comment