We had a decent Easter. We took the girls to a community egg hunt Saturday morning. Essentially, they get their faces painted, look for a dozen eggs and eat candy. Guess it's pretty typical! Sunday we had our own little Easter egg hunt with Jeff's mom and sister joining in on the fun. It was windy enough to fly a kite, so we did that too!
Saturday night a friend from Texas came over with her two children. A few other friends also came over and we had a great time chatting and catching up. I really miss having her around (the Texas friend) since she's one of the very few people I know who has kids. Our roots were in dog agility, but then her and her hubby had kids and we followed that pattern. Not many folks who do dog agility have kids (except for Wishy of course!) so it's always a treat when you're friends with someone who not only shares a common bond in the sport you love, but who also can talk about poopy diapers and potty training...all in the same conversation! :)
I'm still in somewhat of a funk. I can't seem to shake it. My Hubby and I aren't communicating well lately, which adds some stress. Work is OK, but still kinda weird. The girls are fine, but they are definitely picking up on this funk. I HAVE TO shake it. I'm hoping that the Albuquerque show this weekend will help to lift my spirits. It'll be some much-needed bonding time with Jam and the good people in Albuquerque. I'm really looking forward to it.
I think another thing contributing to this funk revolves around a friend back in my home state of Wisconsin. I've known her since 2nd grade and we were extremely tight in high school. Essentially, she's my BFF. I may not see/hear from her for weeks, yet when we get together about once a year, we're able to pick up where we left off. It's so comfortable. Well, I haven't heard from her for a few months now and I'm worried. Typically when I send an email, I'll get a response within a day or two. I've sent three emails in the past three months and have heard nothing. I'm really worried about her and hope she's OK. I'll have to search for her phone number and give her a call.
Ugh. I hate funks. I need to lose this one and fast.
1 comment:
Karen-
I've emailed you several times since your birthday email to me (I even hit 'reply' to your last 'hellooo' email thinking I wasn't typing in the cox email address correctly) and I too was wondering why I hadn't heard back from you (the content of my emails would have elicited a response no doubt). Maybe I'm going in your spam filter?! Anyway, email me and let me know what email address I should use if not the cox address. Maybe I'll print my emails and throw them in an envelope... JB
Post a Comment