I had a great time in Albuquerque...my funk is gone! :)
Jam and I traveled with our friends, Jane and Tizzy to the show. I haven't been to Albuquerque in 4 years, so I was really looking forward to going and seeing friends I hadn't seen in forever. When we got there, it was just like old times. I talked, laughed and cried with people I hadn't seen in a while, and it was great! A couple of my friends have young kids, which is a rarity in this sport, so we spent tons of time comparing notes on our wee ones.
The entire atmosphere of the show was very laid back...very nice! Jam and I had our successes, and of course, our failures. We started out with a completely out-of-sync Masters Gamblers run. I wasn't handling her properly and we were all over the place. We put that our of our heads and headed into Masters Standard. We SMOKED the course and took first place...woohoo!!! Next came the Grand Prix. Again, we smoked it and ended up taking 2nd to a VERY fast Sheltie. In Masters Pairs, Jam had a tunnel/a-frame discrimation in which she had to take the tunnel. You can set ANY obstacle next to an a-frame and Jam will take the a-frame 99.9% of the time...this run was no exception! Oh well...better luck next time. We ended with Steeplechase. Jam found an off-course that I never would've expected, so yeah...no Q for us!
Sunday I set a goal of going 3 for 3. We started with Masters Standard. She did 1-14 beautifully!! I was so proud!! Then came 15...she had to come out of the chute to a jump, then to the dogwalk...there was a tunnel under the dogwalk so I had to pull her towards me to get her up the dogwalk. I think I moved too soon to pull her and she went around the jump. Pooey...there went our goal!! Next was Masters Snooker. I NEED a Super Q, so I planned a course with one 6 and two 7's in the opening. We were moving...did the 6, did the first 7, then on our way to the 2nd 7, she pulled the Red and before I could even react, she was already in a tunnel...TWEET!!!! Game over. None of the 16" dogs Q'd so we left a Super Q on the table. We ended with Masters Jumpers and Jam came away with her only Q of the day.
On the way back, I had to drop off my friend. She does Aussie rescue work and has about 6-7 Aussies and Mini-Aussies at her house. I fell in love with one of the Mini's, Zippy. Zippy is adorable!! He has attitude to burn and LOVES the ball. He is too cute for words. We introduced Jam to him and Jam at first was OK but then went into "bitch mode." My friend is really good with introductions, so she taught me what to do in these type of situations. By the time I left, Jam was tolerating Zippy, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Next I have to convince my hubby that we NEED this dog!! I do have a prospective puppy coming to me early summer, but I would be happy to give that one up for this one. I really, really like this one. There is something special about him. I'm talking my hubby into fostering him, and if he works out, we'll keep him. Cross your fingers for me! :)
1 comment:
Wish I coulda been there last weekend. Those trials are always so relaxed and fun.
Do update your loyal readers on whether or not ou get Zippy! How FUN!
Good luck convincing your hub!
Post a Comment