Work. I am now a consultant. I work when there's work, weed the yard when there isn't any. For the first couple weeks of this gig, there wasn't a whole lot of work. I freaked out and called my boss and told her that I wasn't sure about all this since I only get paid if I work. She put me on an annualized salary which reduced my pay by about 20%. OUCH! Course, now I have all sorts of flexibility, which is nice. Except when a meeting is scheduled on a Friday...the Friday I am driving to Albuquerque for an agility show...and now I will have to leave much later than I had hoped. And this also impacts the friend driving with me. ARRRRRGGGHHH!
Life in General. I'm in somewhat of a funk right now. With the pay cut comes some re-trenching in terms of our finances. My hubby has a "master plan" that we are trying to adhere to, but life happens and you can't always spend according to "the plan." I don't spend a lot, but to know that I CAN'T spend a lot kinda puts me in a funk! Blah. I am really looking forward to the Albuquerque show. It's been a long time since I've been there (see Ponderings) and I've missed it. The people are great, the show is great and it's always a lot of fun. I'm hoping this show will put me in a better frame of mind cuz right now my attitude stinks.
With Easter this weekend, the girls will do a couple egg hunts, so that should be fun. An old friend is coming into town with her kids and we're having a party for her at our house with other friends, so that should be fun too. Maybe my funk will clear even before the Albuquerue show...let's hope so!
OH...and Happy Easter from Jam, the Easter Toller! (can you feel the love from her radiating in this picture...?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment