Friday, April 4, 2008

Our New Addition!

I wore my hubby down and he FINALLY agreed to open up our home and our hearts to a new addition!!

Zippy, the mini-Aussie I mentioned in my previous post, will be joining our family on Sunday! I am over-the-top excited! There's going to be some adjustment for the Princess (aka, Jam) and the girls will undoubtedly have some adjustment time of their own, but in the long run, I think this is going to be a great addition. Here is a picture of him...

Isn't he CUTE?! :)

He's slightly smaller than Jam so he'll be jumping 16" in USDAA-style agility. He has MAJOR ball drive and tons of enthusiasm. At first his training will consist of foundational work...hand games, target games, etc. Eventually I'll start introducing him to the obstacles, but I'm going to take my time. He's about a year old...we'll most likely put his birthdate as April 6, the day we pick him up. That'll make him eligible for competition October 6. We'll see how he progresses.

The girls are very excited as well. They've seen his picture and can't wait to see him in person!! What fun! :)

2 comments:

wishy the writer said...

CONGRATS! He's super cute!

Elf said...

Ditto on the congratulations. I really like his coat. Of course I'm sure that's the most important thing in choosing a dog. :-)

-ellen