Friday, January 4, 2008

2008 is gonna be GREAT!

At least that's the jingle I've taught the girls to say! Personally, I am partial to even-numbered years, so I am optimistic.

We had quite a busy holiday season. We headed back to Wisconsin for Christmas with my family Dec. 20. We stayed a week. The girls got to have snowball fights, go sledding, build a snowman, make snow angels and eat snow...YUM! We had one bitterely cold, blizzard-like day, but otherwise it was all good. The girls LOVED "Uncle Crazy" and had load of fun with Uncle Jim. Dani is definitely a "Grandpa's Girl" whereas Erin is partial to Grandma. All in all, a good time.

We came home to chaos, in that there were 4 extra dogs at our house (3 we knew about) and 6 extra people. Jeff's family decided to help his mom out by remodeling her home. They took all the furniture out, repainted, put in new window treatments and put in new baseboards. They had tilers replace the carpet and linoleum with tile. Since Jeff's brother/SIL and kids are from California, they stayed with us. Jeff's other sister who is local also stayed with us since Jeff's mom stayed at her apartment. It was pretty crazy. They all left by New Year's Eve so we rang in the New Year quietly.

Meanwhile, Jam and I are prepping for a USDAA show this weekend. And of course, rain is predicted. So far every local show has had rain threatened or has been partially canceled due to rain. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

We're 4 days into 2008 and so far so good! Jeff and I are off cruising the Caribbean again in a couple weeks...woohoo! :)

No comments: