Monday, June 11, 2007

The Once-in-a-Lifetime dog...

Yup...I've found her...and I'm one lucky human!

This past weekend, Jam and I competed in our second USDAA trial. She completed all the requirements at the Starters level and earned her first-ever title! Her official name is now Jam, AD! :) (AD = Agility Dog)

This little dog gives it her all with enthusiasm and joy. She bounds through the course with a smile on her snout and her little ears flying behind her! The ONLY thing inhibiting her would be me...the handler. You see, when an error is made on course, 99.9% of the time it is the handler's fault. And knowing this I rarely, if ever, blame my dog for a run gone sour. It's just not fair to the dog who is on the course with you giving it their all.

I have some things to fine-tune with Jam and we will, but in the meantime, we're moving on up to Advanced-level classes! I know Jam's ready...but am I? We shall soon see as her next trial is in two weeks!!

1 comment:

wishy the writer said...

You both ROCK and you're already an amazing TEAM, even with Jam being so young. Very impressive! You're fun to watch and keep having fun!

Congrats on the AD!