Monday, June 18, 2007

The first lake outing, my new ride and Father's Day

We finally got the boat out on the water...woohoo!! There were a few kinks in the process, but once we got on the water, all those kinks were forgotten. It was HOT (about 110 degrees) and windy, but the cold, green lake water felt refreshing after the initial plunge into it! We were able to do some waterskiing (found some muscles I haven't used in a while) and the girls had a GREAT time swimming in the "cove." Dani jumped off the back of the boat repeatedly and even threw a frisbee around to others in the water. Erin was freezing while in the water, but didn't want to come out! Eventually, she came out and we sat on the back of the boat and watched the others play some frisbee. All in all, a great outing!!

And now my new ride! On Saturday, I traded in my 2001 blue Ford Expedition for a 2004 burgundy Ford Expedition! It's got only 30,000 miles on it and is pretty spiffy! It has a buil-in DVD player (I wasn't looking for that, but this one had it) and some other bells and whistles I didn't have before. I really do love it! We took it to the lake yesterday so it's already got it's first coat of dust on it! :) Thankfully the suspension is better so our trip out to the lake wasn't quite as bumpy. I'll take it to California this weekend for another dog show! :-)

Then, of course, yesterday was Father's Day. My husband loves the lake so for him, getting the boat out in the water was the best gift. We really don't do gifts, so the girls and I gave him cards in the morning and then headed out to the lake. When we got home, he wanted brats, so we got some brats, cooked 'em up and ate a yummy meal (the ONLY red meat I will eat is a brat...that's it!). After the girls were in bed, he wanted to sit in the jacuzzi for a while, so he took his iPod and headed out for some jacuzzi time. All in all, I think he had a very nice day!

Now we have a long, hot summer ahead of us. Hopefully between the pool, lake and sprinklers, we'll be able to keep cool!

No comments: