Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Judging, primary caregiver, what else?

Judging:

I just judged my 2nd show back from my year off and am going to be judging my 3rd show this weekend. I experienced some travel issues this last time, which left me physically and mentally exhausted. Made me again ask "why am I doing this?" Then I think back to the actual trial. This trial was in the Northeast, home to some of the best volunteers I've ever encountered. The people there are phenominal. Rarely did I have an issue in which I didn't have enough jump setters. Makes the experience that much more enjoyable.

I also have friends up there that I've known for years. When the weather was a teensy bit wet, and my tennis shoes (and socks) got soaked, one friend offered up an extra pair of rain shoes and another offered up two pairs of socks...one being a pair of gortex socks. My feet were so snug and warm! It was fantastic. Makes me realize that the reason I judge is the people. The people are great and I'm happy to say that even though I don't see these people every day (or every year) it's so easy to pick up where we left off!

Primary Caregiver:

Our Nanny resigned and her last day was last Friday. This left us without childcare for Dani's last month of school. Since I'm not about to pull Dani from school to put her in a daycare, my husband and I decided to forgo daycare this month and do it on our own. Since I work from home, the bulk of the burden rests squarely on my shoulders. This is the first day (for me since I was on a plane much of the day yesterday) and so far, it's going OK. They're maybe watching a bit too much TV, but they're happy and quiet. I had Erin create a picture with all the art supplies I could find this morning and she had a ball. I need to come up with some more creative efforts though cuz we could all go crazy pretty quickly!

What else?

Just trying to get my head and house in order. I'm feeling a bit frazzled lately. I think judging two weekends in a row, prepping for Disneyland, prepping for a new puppy, designing courses for a Regional in June, work, the girls...everything is starting to overwhelm me. I've never been a very organized person...I tend to thrive on chaos, but dang...I'm crying UNCLE right now! It'll all be good...I have to keep telling myself that...it'll all be good...right??!

OH...and here's a pic of the girl puppies in the litter...they're 4 weeks old now!

2 comments:

wishy the writer said...

Those pups are SO CUTE!

If you want ideas of stuff to do with the girls, check out "Unplug Your Kids" on my friends' blog. I link to her on my blog. She has amazing quick and easy ideas (that hopefully involve the kiddos playing INDEPENDENTLY!). I'm not a cruise director for my kid, that's for sure. I want her to find her own fund and I know my pal on UPYK feels the same way, but still tries to come up with an arsenal of ideas to keep her kids playing WITHOUT her! (benign neglect, I say! tee hee!)

You sound BUSY! And I'm SO SAD we're not going to San Diego's trial this year. It's like our first time in years not going to that trial and wouldn't ya know, it'd be the time you're bringing your girls. So sad. We just had too many other plans already for that weekend.

Hope to see you at the Denver Regional?

Karen said...

Thanks for the link to Unplug Your Kids! I found her "Mommy I'm Bored" box and plan to implement some of those ideas!!

I won't be at the Denver Regional. I'm hoping to take the girls back to Wisconsin for a "proper" 4th of July celebration! But, I'm heading to West Valley and then I'll be judging one day of the Bay Team Regional and showing on one other day. Should be fun!!