OK, so I've been slacking lately...really slacking. Class ended last week and Jam hasn't been on a single piece of equipment since. It could be because it's over 110 degrees here, or it could be because I'm too lazy to set up the equipment!
Starting tonight, I'm going to start us on a path to practice a lot more than we do. I'm going to set up the equipment and start working on our weak spot...gambles. We also need to tighten our turns and work on some accuracy! :) My challenge...I have only the following pieces of equipment:
1 teeter
5 jumps
2 sets of 6 weaves
1 tunnel
1 chute tunnel (that's falling apart)
1 tire (sorta...I need to fix it)
I need to be creative to come up with some sets to work on the items I mentioned above. I'm also hoping to go to a couple fun runs to fill in the gaps.
Our next show is in two weeks. There'll be a lot of classes each day (Adv. has a couple double games, plus the GP and Steeplechase) so I need to also build up Jam's stamina in the heat...I'm sure it'll be 90+ degrees. We play ball in the heat almost every day, then when she's hot, she goes in the pool and we play some more ball in the pool. I'm hoping that will help to keep her muscled.
That'll be our last show for quite a while. Our show season in AZ doesn't start until October, so traveling to California is my only option. BUT, it's really hot everywhere and I'm not too keen on sitting outside in the intense heat all day. Sucks cuz now that I've finally got a dog to compete with, the show season has come to a screeching halt. Oh well...I'll pout for a while but I'll get over it! :)
1 comment:
Backyard Dogs..
Mary Ellen Barry has been doing some really good and challenging sequence work in her Backyard Dogs series in CR Mag. Should be just the ticket.
Post a Comment