Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Prepping for our Bermuda trip!

Getting a dog into Bermuda is no easy task! Humans need only a passport...dogs need:

  • an import certificate
  • an international health certificate
  • a rebies vaccine given more than 30 days ago, but within a year
  • a microchip
  • a tick/flea treatment from the vet (not from the owner)


It's crazy!! Luckily a friend of mine has been through this process a couple times and gave me all the information I need to safely transport Jam into the country!



Now...I've got to get Jam ready for competition! Today she "comes of age" for USDAA-style agility. Dogs have to be 18 months old in order to compete...Jam's 18 month birthday is today! Our training is sporadic at best. I have limited equipment to train on in my backyard and I have 2 kids to work around! We head to class once a week, but as any agility enthusiast knows, you need more than once a week practices before competing so you won't be laughed off the course! :) She's competed successfully in a few trials now, so there is hope!


The girls are anxiously awaiting their airplane trip to Wisconsin. Every day they ask if it's time to go on the plane...and when they're going to Build-a-Bear with Grandma and Grandpa! They've already packed their backpacks (Dani has a Dora pack, Erin has a Hello Kitty pack) with breakfast bars and raisins for Grandma and Grandpa...oh, and a few toys too! They can't wait to get on the plane and have it go fast, fast, FAST into the sky!


Jeff is researching dive sites in Bermuda and I'm looking forward to simply having fun! As a friend said, this is the ultimate vacation...agility, kid-free, beaches, tropical drinks...all in a romantic setting...couldn't ask for any better!

1 comment:

wishy the writer said...

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous.

I'm so JEALOUS of you!

Toast to all us jealous parents when you're sipping one of those tropical drinks, k??