I went to the vet last night to get Jam's International Health Certificate. I had called on Monday to be sure they had it. After some searching, they assured me that all was well and they did have it.
I got there last night and the first thing we noticed was that Jam's microchip may be of the wrong type. On the instructions I had, the microchips listed did not include Home Again, which is Jam's microchip. We had maybe a little panic, but I was pretty sure it would be OK.
The vet then brought in the health cert. and said that this was a state cert., that they didn't have the International certs. I FREAKED! I told her that I had called before coming in and was assured that they did indeed have the cert. I needed. She said she'd go look for it, but I didn't have a high degree of confidence. I called another vet that I had frequented before and they told me they did have what I needed and I could walk in last night...to a tune of $132 JUST to walk through the door!
Meanwhile, my vet came through the door and said "we found it!" Thank goodness! We got it all filled out and faxed to the Bermuda government. They sent me on my way 1.5 hours later. I called Bermuda this morning to be sure all was in order, and thankfully, everything is good and I should have my import cert. to get Jam into the country by today! :)
But wow...talk about a rollercoaster!!!
1 comment:
Okay, you scared me with this post. When I read it yesterday, my husband was literally on his way to Canada to Susan Garrett's camp and I was worried he didn't have the right form, but I guess his vet knew just what to do and he had the "yellow form" or whatever, for entry into Canada. He and his pup are there now. And I'm not. Lily and I are having fun, but I'm having a serious agility jones right now.
I need lurid Bermuda agility details, kay?
Post a Comment