Friday, April 27, 2007

Here we go again!

Looks like I'm part of yet another company that is being sold! My company (Inter-Tel) just announced that we've been sold to another telephony company, Mitel. We don't know the details yet, but I'm sure it'll all come out soon. One thing we do know is that Mitel is a private company so the shareholders will get some $$ out of this...too bad I don't own any Inter-Tel stock!

I went through a similar thing when I worked for Motorola. I was in the SPS division that "spun off" to become Freescale. That was a time of uncertainty, but in the end it all turned out OK. Course, recently Freescale was sold to a private company, so Jeff has had to deal with that.

Lots of my fellow writers are freaking out. I'm not, only because I can't control the situation and most likely, there won't be any significant changes. The only thing I can hope for is that we adopt Mitel's vacation policy...they get 3 weeks vs. the 2 we get here! :)

We'll see what transpires in the coming weeks!

No comments: